The Longest Yard


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















I hated the trailer. I told myself I won’t watch this movie because it’s Chris Rock and football. But I seem to be a sucker for Adam Sandler’s movies. Must be the goofy appeal.

And hey, the movie is not so bad after all. Sandler player an ex-football star who got sent to prison for drunk driving. The prison warden wants him to lead the prisoners against the guards for a football batch. To the ragtag inmates, this is the chance they've been waiting for – revenge.

Predictable ending to the match. But there are surprising elements and humour. Chris Rock is more likeable here than Madagascar’s zebra.

Being totally clueless about football, I still found the match exciting. But the only star here seems to be Sandler. What happened to the rest of the players?

The Longest Yard – Should be a crowd pleaser, but a tad too predictable.


1 Responses to “The Longest Yard”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Katrina Relief
    From one shore to another. I urge you to contribute to the Katrina hurricane relief.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a computer work from home site. It pretty much covers computer work from home related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links