Night Watch


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



















This was my choice of a midnight movie when I am left with no choice. Every cinema was showing the Myth. Frankly speaking, I did not know what to expect.

Oh, it was in English. No, it was Russian. There were warriors. There were bats. Battles between the light and dark – it's about vampires.

It was a fresh change from all the Hollywood stuff I have been watching. Highly experimental, rasping, and bewildering. (What are you trying to prove??) I felt I was involved in the director's indulgent game at times, while there were moments of anticipation and excitement.

Night Watch was Russia's Number one blockbuster. I admire the production and editing effects. I know what they are getting at, but the grip was missing. Perhaps I should wait for parts 2 and 3 (It's a trilogy with "Day Watch" and "Dusk Watch") or the Hollywood remark.

Night Watch – Post modernist vampire show


0 Responses to “Night Watch”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links