Pride and Prejudice


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



















This according to my friend is “THE most brilliant, wonderful and absolutely splendid movie I've watched this year!” A stellar performance from the whole cast - especially Keira Knightlely (who plays Elizabeth) and Brenda Blethyn (who plays her mother Mrs Bennet). Filmed on location, it is lovely, beautiful and picturesque.

The 2005 production is adpated from the screenplay by Deborah Moggach. There are obvious departures from Jane Austen's most loved work but these liberties are more than acceptable and the film still remains faithful to the original in all respects and faithful to 19th Century England.

There were moments that where emotions have to be controlled. (Darcy and Lizzie's first dance and Darcy's first proposal) Seriously, some really fine acting! The future is safe. But I finally succumbed....where Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth were discussing terms of endearment in the final scene....memory is fuzzy.....

Elizabeth: "You may not call me 'Mrs Darcy'. 'Lizzie' for every other day, 'My Pearl' on Sundays. 'My divine goddess' on special occasions. Perhaps you can only call me Mrs Darcy if you are really utterly in love with me and extremely and incandescently happy."

Darcy: Mrs Darcy...[plants kiss on her cheek] Mrs Darcy.... [another kiss]. Mrs Darcy...[another] Mrs Darcy....

Pride and Prejudice - Women fancy admiration means more than it does.


1 Responses to “Pride and Prejudice”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Don't forget about Judi Dench sucking all the air out of the room with her toweringly imperious presence. Hah....

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links