The Devil Wears Prada


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















Director: David Frankel
Starring: Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Stanley Tucci, Simon Baker, Adrien Grenier
RunTime: 110 mins
Genre: Comedy
Will Appeal To: Fash Hags and Fash Snags (Whatever that means)


(This entry is contributed by Andy, my podmate who happens to own 42 pairs of shoes.)

The simple yet catchy design of the poster intrigued me so much that I was just anxiously waiting for the movie to be screened. I appreciated the poster even more after watching the movie! It’s simply brilliant! Kudos to the designer!

It has been quite a while that I've come across a sophisticated movie done stylishly without boring me to tears within the first five minutes. The simple plot talks about a naive young woman aspiring to be a top writer, arriving in New York and landing a job as the second assistant to one of the city's biggest fashion magazine editors, the ruthless and cynical Miranda Priestly. She unwittingly gets sucked into the whirlpool of high society and loses that which she cherishes – her "Self".

Meryl Streep was the "Diva" and the "Devil"! Her acting was so realistic that I almost believed that Miranda Priestly was a real life person! I found myself secretly wishing that Miranda Priestly would become my mentor!

Masochistic? Well, perhaps I needed the clever one-liners that drove home the movie’s messages with high-end sarcasm. Or perhaps, I could identify so much with Andy (played by Anne Hathaway), particularly her struggles and her realizations. The movie rang so many bells in my head that it felt like an entire cathedral of bells were sounding! The irony of losing oneself in the process of searching for oneself is cleverly and subtlely drawn out in this movie.

The Devil Wears Prada - A must watch for all. "That’s all". "Go!" Watch it, people.


0 Responses to “The Devil Wears Prada”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links