Monster House


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















Director: Gil Kenan
Voice Talents: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kevin James, Jason Lee
RunTime: 91 mins
Genre: Animation
Rating: PG
Will Appeal To: Growth up children, and child-like growth-ups


Monster House broke two of my records:
1) Chowder is the most irritating character ever seen in my animation (pushing that zebra from Madagascar to 2nd place.)
2) It is the most scary animation I have watched (even more scary that some ‘real’ movies. Boo!)

The story is pretty simple. Three kids discover the house opposite is actually a monster which swallows toys and people. Gasp!

The animation was superb, so much so that everything felt very real at parts. Yes, so much so that I feel like slapping Chowder and tell him to shuupppp.

I do not think Monster House is really meant for kids, or they have grown up so fast that we have not realised. I hadn’t heard any of the children in the cinema crying, but I think they prefer talking animals and automobiles. The themes and speeches involved are very ‘adult’. Oh wait, I realised something. Monster House is rated PG. Woo…

Monster House – An animation that can actually be scary


0 Responses to “Monster House”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links