Death Note (Japanese)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















Director: Shusuke Kaneko
Starring: Tatsuya Fujiwara, Kenichi Matsuyama, Asaka Seto
RunTime: 120 mins

Genre: Japanese Manga Thriller
Rating: PG
Will Appeal To: Manga Fans

What happens if you pick up the "Death Note"? This is a book where the people whose names you write on will die. I will probably throw the book away. The moral of the story: It's hard to play God.

Do not be put off by the manga background or the long and lame trailer. I was expecting some over-acting (of people dying of heart attacks), lame charactersation and bad CG after the trailer, but I guess I am very wrong.

I did enjoy it! Though there were parts I nodded off, it was an intense, twisted, clever piece of movie. The main credit lies in the original plot, and you never know what's going to happen next. Therefore, I won't say much.

It's more than just pure entertainment. There are some intense moments in the bus and train scene, and allows you to think about the thin line between good and bad.

My complain: Just as the movie is reaching another climax, I have to wait for Part 2. All right. I will wait.

Death Note – Original, clever and twisted


1 Responses to “Death Note (Japanese)”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Heard it's gonna be just a two-parter, so fanatics, expect a jump in the storyline. Just something to share with you guys:

    At the cinema, somehow everyone laughed at scenes that are not funny. Only funny thing I found was Ryuuk's expression(grins) and his resemblance to Michael Jackson xP

    Audience-wise, a girl who sat in-front of me was cheering and clapping away, "HEEE~~~" whenever L appeared(and occasionly when Ryuuk does).

    =.="

    And my friend who didn't read the manga at all was spoiled for the afternoon when the guys behind us kept talking about the plot. I didn't tell her anything so that she can enjoy it but well...guys just refrain yourself from discussing the plot DURING the movie.

    Yup that's all thanks. =)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links