A Good Year


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















Director: Ridley Scott
Starring: Russell Crowe, Albert Finney, Abbie Cornish, Marion Cotillard
RunTime: 118 mins
Genre: Drama

Rating: PG
Will Appeal To: Shall I say mature audience?


Just as my student tells everyone to avoid A Good Year, why won’t I be surprised?

When I was 18, I will always prefer cola more than any form of alcohol, and fine French wine was bland, bitter, or just blah to me. A Good Year is like French Wine, something to be appreciated slowly, and may disappoint many.

Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe unites after Gladiator for this movie based on Peter Mayle’s best selling novel. A British investment broker inherits a vineyard in Province from his late uncle. He discovers a new laid-back lifestyle as he leaves behind the fast life, for the fine life.

Beautiful scenery, wine, gorgeous French women and lots of money – the choice is clear. While A Good Year may not be a crowd favourite, it is a feel-good piece with music, vineyards and a inspiring painted view of life.

A Good Year – To be slowly appreciated


0 Responses to “A Good Year”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links