Material Girls


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















Director: Martha Coolidge
Starring: Hilary Duff, Haylie Duff, Anjelica Houston
RunTime: 97 mins
Genre: Bimbotic Comedy
Rating: PG
Will Appeal To: Strictly Duff Fans

While taking the super crowded MRT train back home from Woodlands, I start to feel horrible about myself.

I must be affected by the Marchetta sisters (Hilary Duff and Haylie Duff) who fall from riches to rags after their cosmetic brand causes severe allergies. They have to wear hand-me-downs *gasps*, wash the dishes *super gasps*, and take the public transport *breathless*! As the older Duff says “Friends don't let friends take public transportation”, I start to think worse about my miserable life and my own friends.

Nah. The Olsens or the Hilton/Richie combo may have done a better job. Material Girls is not even funny. I laughed a total of 5 times (perhaps more if I didn’t catch the trailer.) They also butchered the Madonna classic! But watch it if you want to watch the Duff sisters wear pretty clothes (even though they are supposed to be poor) and do an Erin Brockovich. It just shows that Hiliary is more than just a Disney Girl.

My friend asked which one was Hilary. While I answered "the prettier one", I thought twice and should have answered "the one with the smaller nose, but acted slightly worse".

Even though it scored only 1.8 out of 10 in IMDB and 6% in rottentomatoes, Material Girls will appeal to a certain demographic. The distributor obviously knows the target audience – the Cineleisure crowd. "Oh, so preeeettyyyy." I agree, and that’s pretty much about it.

Material Girls – Only catch it when you want a bimbotic moment



0 Responses to “Material Girls”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links